Book of Condolence
Ray Edwards: 1924–2008
Ray Edwards, KDL’s founder and the author of the KDL teaching materials, died on 2 April.
From taking up Cornish in 1980, Ray devoted much of his time to the study of the Cornish language and was keen to give others the opportunity to learn Cornish wherever they were in the world.
Currently viewing entries 34 to 30 of 34
- See great clips here <a href="http://free-adult.video">XXX Tube</a> today!
Entry No. 34: Sunday 11 November, 2018 at 8.01am
- Dave Annear
- Trist en vy a vernans Ray. An den neb a dhyskas dhymm kernewek o ev, der “Kernewek Dre Lyther” a-dro dhe 1994-1998. Ni a wrug skrifa lytherow ynwedh treweythyow. Unnweyth my a skrifas towlenn rag jynn-amontya rag y vabwynn. Pes da o ev ganso dhe'm kov vy.
Den meur y vri o yn bys kernewegoryon, ha meur y ober gans agan yeth ynwedh.
Re bo Ray nevra ankevys!
I was said at Ray's death. He was the man that taught me cornish through Kernewek Dre Lyther around 1994-1998. We sometimes wrote letters too. Once I wrote a computer program for his grandson, I remember him being pleased with it.
He was a prominent man in the world of cornish speakers, his work with the language was fantastic.
May Ray never be forgotten!
Entry No. 33: Thursday 5 June, 2008 at 5.46pm
- vanessa beeman
- Constantine Cornwall
- Den cuf ha hegar - a kind and likeable man who will be miised by all who knew him. He was excellent and patient with beginners in Cornish
Entry No. 32: Tuesday 13 May, 2008 at 12.37pm
- Stephen Morey
- Trist ov vy dhe glywes y fawrsa Ray Edwards. Kernewegor meur y vri esa; ha dyskador meur y skians, yethor meur y sleyneth, skrifer meur y awen. Meur a ras dhodho, y talav vy.
Entry No. 31: Saturday 10 May, 2008 at 12.35am
- Polin Prys
- Ow hov an gwella a Ray o pan eth dhe'gan kevewi 20 Blydhen an Klass Kernewek Loundres. Arbennik o agan dydh awos ev dhe dhos rag omlowenhe genen ni - hag ev a dhros sagh leun a'y lyvrow avel ro pennbloedh an klass! Hevlyna, y fydh kevewi 30 Blydhen an Klass Kernewek Loundres ha soweth ny vydh Ray genen an weyth ma. Ha byttegyns, y fydh ev genen y'gan brys, y spyrys ev.
I remember Ray best the day he came to our London Cornish class 20th Birthday party. He made our day special, coming all that way for our little party - and he brought with him a bag full of his books as a birthday present for our class! This year we celebrate the 30th Birthday of the London Cornish class - how sad that Ray will not be there with us this time. We will think of him instead.
Entry No. 30: Friday 9 May, 2008 at 8.01pm